When Mike and I celebrated our anniversary in Coronado earlier this year (you can read more here and here), we had these can insanely delicious California Stone Fired Quesadilla that I’ve been wanting to recreate.
They are lighter than a normal quesadilla because the cheese isn’t in the leading role. The addition of hummus and veggies give this recipe a lot of volume without all of the fat of a fully cheese stuffed quesadilla.
Plus, any dish that takes me back to a vacation-mode is a win in my book!
Note: there aren’t any real measurements for this recipe – just pile on as many ingredients as will fit! Also, get creative and sub things you have on hand 🙂
Prep time: 10 minutes – Cook time: 15 minutes – Servings: 2
- 2 pieces of lavish bread (feel free to make the whole pack and freeze for later!)
- sliced mushrooms
- handful of arugula
- shredded cheese
- sliced black olives (optional)
- salsa verde (to dip)
- Spread a thin layer of hummus on lavish bread while a pan is heating up on medium heat
- Lightly grease pan and place lavish bread on pan, top with ingredients, fold over
- I find using another pan or pot as some weight works well to melt the cheese quickly without burning the lavish
- Flip after 3-4 minutes and cook the other side
- Serve with various dips (and an optional side of chips)
** Note this blog went through a rebrand and is now veg vibes; which aligns better with the direction I organically gravitated towards. It’s all about your vibe.**