They are lighter than a normal quesadilla because the cheese isn’t the leading role. The additions of hummus and veggies give this recipe a lot of volume without all of the fat of a fully cheese stuffed quesadilla. The thin layer of hummus make them creamy and adds protein.
Plus, any dish that takes me back to a vacation-mode is a win in my book!
Note: there aren’t any real measurements for this recipe – just pile on as many ingredients as will fit! Also, get creative and sub things you have on hand 🙂
Prep time: 10 minutes – Cook time: 15 minutes – Servings: 2
- 2 pieces of lavish bread (feel free to make the whole pack and freeze for later!)
- sliced mushrooms
- handful of arugula
- shredded cheese
- sliced black olives (optional)
- salsa verde (to dip)
- Spread a thin layer of hummus on lavish bread while a pan is heating up on medium heat
- Lightly grease pan and place lavish bread on pan, top with ingredients, fold over
- I find using another pan or pot as some weight works well to melt the cheese quickly without burning the lavish
- Flip after 3-4 minutes and cook the other side
- Serve with various dips (and an optional side of chips)