Two years ago this month I published my first post on the veg voyage. Since I’ve been documenting vacations, travels, book reviews, general thoughts, and a few recipes. This year I want to concentrate on more on recipes, kicking it off with a whole month of weekly dinner posts!
First up is a color packed one: Veggies and Peanut Butter Noodles
One quick note: I made this before without soba noodles and it wasn’t as good – the noodles just stuck together – so I do recommend using soba. Mike picked up some buckwheat soba noodles at Whole Foods and they were perfect.
Peanut Butter Asian Noodles
Prep time: 10 minutes – Cook time: 25 minutes – Servings: 2
- Chopped veggies (I used broccoli, peppers, carrots, and snap peas)
- 1 TBS oil to sauté veggies
- 1/2 bag of soba noodles
- 1/4 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 1 TBS soy sauce
- Noodle water to thin sauce (possibly)
- Sauté vegetables while soba noodles are cooking (according to package)
- Use tongs to take transfer cooked noodles from pot to wok or pan that vegetables are in (I never strain my pasta because I like the texture better when a bit of the water is still on the noodles)
- Mix peanut butter and soy sauce and add to hot vegetables and noodles
- If need be, think out with more soy sauce (to taste) or noodle water
- Serve and enjoy!
** Note this blog went through a rebrand and is now veg vibes; which aligns better with the direction I organically gravitated towards. It’s all about your vibe.**